Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Whose Idea Was That?

So the other evening, my Mom came into the den and asked "wouldn't it be a fun idea to recall past New Years Eve parties and stories at this New Years Eve?"


Now, if you know me at all.... I LOVE back in the day stories of myself, family members, and the two combined. So needless to say I was ALL about it! I sat down to dinner with my parents (yea, we still have dinner together even the three of us :)) and we began playing a round of questions. Came up with some really great ones too!

Some examples included:


  • What are the two things this group always argues about at New Years?
    • Who is sitting at the barstools and how many years we've been ringing in the New Year together. 

  • What water event entertained the children numerous years?
    • The Hot Tub

  • What is the saying that is added to the end of a fortune cookie?
    • "In Bed"

  • Who stole a beer the first year Amanda and Drew could legally drink? (Bonus points if known where beer was taken from) 
    • Lexi (the family dog) and stolen from a snowbank outside the sliding glass door. 
These were only some of the top contenders I choose to share, some were better and some were too good to share. 

My thought was that we were turning this into a Jeopardy esq. game. With teams and points and BONUS points for those who could expand the questions further.

WRONG: apparently it was supposed to be a questionnaire like game where people could answer questions together or on their own and then create a big discussion. Whatever, I'm sure I'll write some New Years recap where I sum up if the game went well or not.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment