Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My People

Everyone has "their' kind of people and I've been friends with mine for 22years. Yep that's right, this 25year old has had two friends for 22years. How you ask?? Well we moved into our house the fall of 1992, where soon after our next door neighbors moved in. Myself and the "little" girl next door were both sleeping in our cars and thus began our immediate friendship of course. If you can't nap with your best friend, then you are not best friends, it's like my best friend test actually.

So little 6month old Katie and 3year old Abby became life long friends by pretty much sleeping through our first meet and greet. Like best friends we've had our ups, downs, and bumps in the road, but when you find a friend that just excepts your strange quirks, encourages strange habits, and loves the same things you do; that's something you never let go of! It's even strangely awesome how we coordinate and or match at times...I'll be honest and say most times are unplanned :).


Flash forward to this past week, Katie came home from London for Christmas break. SOOooooooOOO happy to have my person home and to spend some lost time with her. She left me back in September, although I begged and argued that she wasn't allowed to go, though she left me any way :(. Since then we've tweeted, facebooked, and snap chatted to stay in touch, but nothing was better than seeing her in person. I probably held on a little long, but rightfully so and there was booze involved.


Oh and my other good friend I'm really thankful to still be close with is Katie's brother Matt who was also in town for the holidays and could catch up with him as well.


These are 3 out of 4 members of our childhood business called M.A.K.A. (missing the first A, my sister of course). We sold lemonade and held a carnival for the neighborhood kids. Our summers were purely AMAZING because we had each other to come up with the most creative games to entertain
ourselves and also our awesome parents allowed us to have this free and sometimes crazy thinking.

Hopefully another get together is in store for us soon... it's so hard when Katie's in London for now, Matt's in D.C. and you know I'm...here -_-.

No comments:

Post a Comment