Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

MIA

It's the first time I haven't written in a few days and unfortunately I know it won't be the last one..but my apologizes to anyone who's been reading my blog and disappointed you haven't been able to learn more about my life :). Well I meant to write, I've just been exhausted with school work, maintaining friends, working out, trying to not cause conflict with the roommate, and then BOOM! the dance team I'm on-went crazy!

Just to keep everyone on track, I'm on a dance team at my school and we perform at the Basketball game's halftime. Every spring members of the dance team, regardless of age/grade you are allowed to run for a position on the executive board. We held our elections this past Wednesday and girls ran for president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, special projects coordinator (art person), and 2 captains. Well there were 3 positions this year that only one person ran for and naturally won the positions (ya no one ran against me! I still get to be secretary for another year :D ). Treasurer and Projects coordinator were also elected without a fight. Our president was elected fairly easily, but then our Vice President and Captains hit a tie.

When the "tie" came about, our designated counters decided to take it upon themselves and pick the deciding votes and determine the new captains and vice president. Needless to say this was not the correct way to go about this and between the hours of 12-3 on Thursday afternoon a previous captain who was not re-elected messages everyone and 4 out of the 7 people on exec basically screamed at each other over e-mail. How ridiculous, ok you lost...it's not the end of the world (even though I can understand how upsetting it is and how badly you can want something and not get it...).However, it started a huge uproar and b*tch fight that was pretty much held back the entire year.

So now, we're being treated like we're in high school and getting in trouble with our coach. We all have to get together and discuss it as a group and decide if we are going to re-vote for the tied positions...I mean I wish we could just solve this ourselves but then again (majority) of the exec board this year were fake-it's-all-about-me kind of people, rather than let's do it for the team! We'll see how this turns out (and trust me I'll let you know as well) but honestly, I'm not hating the new people who were voted onto the exec board...

No comments:

Post a Comment