Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Annoyed...

SO part of the whole college thing is living with roommate(s). For me, I have only ever had one roommate and I'd say for the most part over 3 years of living together is has been a good ride. We met during a week long 1 credit course the summer before our freshmen year. We met on behalf of our mothers knowing each other and we honestly clicked right away, by Wednesday we decided we wanted to roommates the coming year.

We had a lot in common at first; we both came from good families, both had both had boyfriends at the time, and we wanted to do well in school. School began and we went to meals, events, and socialized together. Now people change after time, and I think we really found our differences through school and studying and also through relationships and friendships. I study with noise (t.v. & music) and she doesn't. I love going out to socialize, even if I'm just hanging out in another's room...she'd rather talk to her boyfriend, friends at home, or parents. So needless to say we ran into some bumps along the way. Even so, we chose to remain roommates for our Sophomore year and even longer into our Junior year.

Now maybe it wasn't the BEST idea to stay together for 3 years in a row, but honestly (sadly) she doesn't socialize with other people much and I'm bad with change. This year however we got an apartment together and it was fun at first, just like Freshmen year, everything was new and we made meals together and hung out when we didn't have classes. But the year has dragged on and honestly I'm sick and tired of always being the one to start a (meaningful) conversation, the one to cook, clean up, tidy up and whatever else that needs to be done. Now I've expressed this feeling and tiredness to her and it changes for a few weeks and things get better and then I start picking it up again because otherwise it will not happen.

It's coming to the point when she leaves this coming spring that we're going to lose touch because I won't be making all the effort and I KNOW she won't. She was a good friend for majority of the time, it's just that for some reason she's been pulling back, not as friendly, not as willing to spend time with me, and has just been overall rude to me. Any helpful suggestion are kindly welcomed and I thank those who have read it through and I thank those who can relate to a crappy roommate even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment