Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Home and So not Me...

So let me start by saying as a college student I go home every 2-4 weeks (you know whenever I stop having clean clothes :) ) This weekend's trip have seem to go very fast, considering I have to head back to school earlier than usual this Sunday. Friday was busy, but A TON OF FUN! I got to drive home in 60 degree weather (thank you weather gods!), I got to see my sister (you know her as MY SHOW), I got to babysit my all-time-favorite children and had close to the easiest night with them, and finally got to catch up with my parents while watching a hockey game :). Friday equaled a pretty successful day!

Now Saturday was equally successful (though it's not over yet). My Mom offered to take myself and sister to Freeport and have a shopping day. The day didn't start off great I'll admit, the main downside to coming home is that usually there is only junk food that a 14 year-old boy will eat and today was no different. SO, I was starving for a muffin by the time we actually left. I must say we had a VERY successful shopping spree-compliments of one in particular store- Van Heusen :) We probably saved a total of $500 between the three of us. Now time for a little confession, it happened in the Coach factory store and though I'm proud of the act that occurred before we left, I feel a bit anxious about it at the same time as well.

First for some background info, I'm a pretty outgoing and up for challenges and not so shy in my environment. Although outside of that said environment, I'll back off or just not be as open as I normally would be around friends and family. Having said this and if you haven't already figured this out by now, its about a guy...Yes I'll admit it took some (a lot) of encouragement and pushing from my sister and a friend to give my name and number to guy I found "cute". Don't get me wrong, I'm happy when my sister gives me that extra push that I usually need, so yes Thank You Nanner, but now it's that waiting game for anything or nothing to happen. Maybe the blog should be "Saved by the Bell: The Dating Years", but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you've got to take a shot at it! Worst comes to worst and he just doesn't call BUT if he does call then it's all worth it! Just think, if you never tried then you never know. I'm proud of you for manning up and giving it a shot! <3 Nanner

    ReplyDelete