Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Andy Grammer :D

Andy who you ask? Andy Grammer, a fantastic artist and musician that I have been so lucky to have seen twice now and counting!!


I first heard of Andy back in oh.. Spring of 2011, doesn't seem that long ago now. I had no idea who he was, my friend introduced his music to me and I listen to a song while he was in town at a local bar for the annual spring music kickoff called the Old Port Fest. I only listened to one song because there were two other bands at another locations that I was desperate to see and meet as well. I sadly have no pictures now because like I said I didn't know who he was; though I liked his music I had heard, I was more interested at the other bands at the time. It really only so happened I was in the right area at the right time to hear him because of another artist at the time, that I also was able to meet... Remember Ryan Star anyone??


Fast forward to Fall 2012, Andy came to my hometown of all places in Maine. I was beyond delighted that he was attended and even more excited to learn the tickets to said show were a measly $5!!!! $5, because it was a charity event benefitting a local city shelter. What a kind thing for him to do. Play an acoustic concert, in a beautiful venue, for a wonderful cause. Could he get any better you ask?? Well yes, because the concert was beyond awesome and I was like 4th row-ish (the venue was an old church converted into a music hall/event place and they had tables and chairs set up, strange I know!)

Andy round 2! (Not a great photo, the lighting was not good considering it being an old church)




Fast forward once again to Fall 2014 and Andy came to visit AGAIN to a bigger city nearby. Again so excited to see him perform, I immediately texted my Andy-going-concert-buddy Brittany and hardly had to beg as she wrote; "I really shouldn't....what the heck, I'm in!!" haha we both don't have to twist each other's arm to go see him. Although he was the opening act for O.A.R so the tickets were a little more this time. 

Brittany and I grabbed some food and drink before the show and arrived somewhat early to end up in the second row..SECOND ROW! I was beyond excited to be so close. Insert BIG happy face!! 
No close up needed, I was this close!! :D
His show was seriously fantastic! He is strictly a one man show, which my Father so kindly stated "what he's too good/cheap to hire bandmates to accompany him?" Um no Dad....He's just that good that he doesn't NEED back up because he CAN play the instruments needed in his songs. PLUS he learned this cool gadgety thing that records a beat or sound and continuously plays said beat or sound while you do another thing. Hard to explain, but so cool to watch in person. AND he learned said tool, right before hitting the road for the tour, I consider that pretty impressive. This means no tracks, just straight up live music.



It's pretty impressive, I thought. 

Then my friend and I went to actually meet Andy in the lobby! Say what?!?!! UM, awesome! What a kind and down to earth guy. Talked with each fan, signed whatever you wanted, and even took a selfie with you haha! He was really good at the selfie, not as great smile when Brittany took our picture, but thats ok! 


And a lovely autograph to finish the night <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment