Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 changes

So I've had two thoughts for a few months now that 2015 would bring some changes for me. I will admit these ideas (like most best ideas usually do) came about because of my breakup this year where I wanted to change everything I possibly could about myself, without you know going crazy. Since October I've had the idea of chopping quite a bit of my hair off; which I do every couple of years anyway, but the breakup helped me really feel like change was needed!


The hair I would love to donate because I get compliments all the time about how pretty it is. I wish my hair grew longer faster so I was able to chop it off to donate it more often. I'm considering a little Reese Witherspoon/ Taylor Swift esq style

Music video for Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off"
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6229263/taylor-swifts-shake-it-off-makes-record-start-at-radio

http://www.laineygossip.com/Reese-Witherspoon-at-the-Golden-Globes-2014/29112


Thoughts?? I've recently realized that I probably can't ( insert sad face :( ) cut it off without it being ridiculously short and pretty much useless for a month. Sadly I'll just go and get a trim and some tips on how I can grow it out faster.



My second thought has been to .... umm..... get . my. nose. PIERCED!!! EEeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk.  I know, I know. I'm 25, I realize I'm having a mid-mid life crisis aka Quarter life crisis. I'm kind of okay with that though.. is that bad?? Now, before you completely judge me, I have thought about this since yearly college years and resisted all those drunken nights out with the local tattoo/piercing being open. But, I've had several people recently tell me what a cute nose I have and have asked if I have considered a nose ring. Just to clarify, I will be getting the tiniest stud I possibly can get because I DON'T want a ring of any kind really hanging off my nose, but a cute little something might be cute. In all seriousness if it doesn't look good or  I don't like it, I will seriously take it out and it'll be like nothing happened. 


I did a little photo shop to see how I would look and this was the result: 


See, just a little something! I could live with or without. We shall see!!

                        

2 comments:

  1. You'd look super cute with a nose piercing! You have a very pretty face and super cute nose. You will look fab. I had a QLC and realized it was something I'd wanted since college too. regret was I should have done it sooner when I first wanted it rather than wait till I was almost 30.

    Over coffee with my BFF, I asked her if I should go ahead and have it done. To my surprise, my GF surprised me and said, she had always wanted her nose pierced too. Hello, why didn't you tell me sooner and "Ta da," that made my decision to go ahead. After asking around, we both went together and had it done . I was squeamish, but It was much less than I imagined and like having your blood drawn. No biggie...

    One of the takeaways that I gained from my own journey through QLC was the idea that I can just go ahead and do things now. There’s no reason not to embrace my life as it is right now.

    I’m not ready to call myself almost 30 yet, but yesterday I’m happy I did it. I may have been the youngest person at the tattoo and body piercing studio, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t get to have any fun.

    I say do it and promise you'll only wish you'd done it sooner so you could have enjoyed it longer.

    Amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the kind words!! I did go ahead and have it done and I'll be posting about it soon! Be sure to read!

      Delete