Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

First Day of Camp

Summer Camp has started!! So expect children stories and counselor bitching stories :). I gotta say, I've been doing this for 5 years- which does and doesn't seem long- but today was probably by far the BEST first day ever!! I have WONDERFUL (know on wood-phew) children and few of them so far. I'm used to about 25 or so and just dealing with it....well today at max I had 13...13 that's it!! I couldn't believe it.

Also I donno, and of course I don't want to jinx it, but it seemed like my co-counselors and I just meshed right away. Usually in the best my co-counselors and I seem to step all over each other and try to take control (even though I don't mean too, I just like to lead sometimes- blame being a Leo..) anyway in the past Day 1 sets the tone. And literally today there was no awkward "Oh no you go ahead" or "Sorry you go..." it was all I or they stop speaking and one of the others added if we needed. And I'm almost kinda excited for the beach tomorrow morning (God willing I get the same angelic campers).

Hope everyone else had a great Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. How was camp!? I'm sorry I have been behind on posting and checking up on everyone. Hope it was wonderful. You will have to catch me up.

    ReplyDelete